Thursday, January 24, 2008

Airtel Broadband

Aise hi, did some connection testing of internet connection at my home. Here are the results. All tests I ran from various sites gave the results between 200 - 270 kbps. Pick your favourite. Looks good enough for me. My typical use is surfing, emails, and occasional downloads. Emails are the biggest as I connect to office servers. And of course, all those auto updates that keep downloading every alternate day.

Have been using Airtel for last 1.5 years and I haven't faced much problems with their service. It is a bit expensive for the speed they provide but reliability is better. In last 7 years of using non-dialup connections, this is so far the most reliable. And dial-ups earlier to that were not reliable and pretty expensive. I hope it remains as good.

Will upgrade to higher speed only if they give in same price. Can't pay anymore than what I'm paying them now, which is Rs 999 + taxes (US$25 + taxes) per month. Yes, downloads are unlimited.

No comments: